Massive Damage, Inc.
Based in Toronto, Canada
21 April, 2016
PC/Mac on Steam
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander™ is a retro sci-fi strategy RPG with a unique blend of base building, exploration and deep tactical JRPG style combat system with capital starships and their idiosyncratic officers, all captured in stunningly beautiful modernized pixel graphics. In Halcyon 6, an unknown alien force is carving a path of destruction towards Earth and you, as the Commander of an immensely powerful, newly discovered derelict starbase left behind by a precursor alien race, are the best chance for the New Terran Federation to stop the impending invasion.
In the spring of 2015, Massive Damage ran very successful Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming game, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander. After raising $187K on a modest $40K funding goal, they set to building their passion project. A year later, they are set to unleash Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander on STEAM under the Early Access program.
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory.
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles using a huge array of powers and combos to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources.
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events.
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
- Replayability: Each playthrough has players dealing with a new randomly generated derelict station, surrounding galaxy, crew recruits, and alien factions
Gameplay Preview YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Halcyon 6 was the WINNER of BEST GAME at The DIGI Awards 2016" Toronto, 2016
- "Halcyon 6 was FINALIST for BEST PC GAME at Canadian Videogame Awards 2016" Montreal, 2016
- "Halcyon 6 was an official selection at IndieMEGABOOTH - PAX East" Boston, 2016
- "Halcyon 6 was an official selection at IndieMEGABOOTH - PAX West" Seattle, 2016
- "“Space has never looked prettier in a pixelated format, nor has the silliness of attempting to interact with alien races been quite as charming. On a minute-to-minute scale, it balances challenge and humor to make for a game that feels like a well-realized version of some long forgotten sci-fi TV show.”"
- Ray Porreca, Destructoid
- "“Halcyon 6 is a sumptuous video game stew. It’s got hints of XCOM, FTL, 4X space games, and JRPGs, plus gobs of humor and personality. I’ve taken to calling it 4XCOM for short. This feels like the sort of game that will keep me hooked for weeks.”"
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- "“Strategy, resource management, and RPG combat in one charming nostalgic package”"
- TJ Denzer, Game Watcher
- "Halcyon 6 is something special"
- Editor, IndieRetroNews
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Halcyon 6 Soundtrack Samples
From our composer, Steven London soundcloud.com.
About Massive Damage, Inc.
Massive Damage is a Toronto based independent games studio started by the brothers Ken and Garry Seto.
More information on Massive Damage, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander Credits
Creative Director/Game Designer, Massive Damage
Game Producer/Game Designer, Massive Damage
Game Producer/Game Designer/Lead Writer, Massive Damage
Lead Game Developer, Massive Damage
Systems Architect/Engineer, Massive Damage
Game Developer, Massive Damage
Project Mgr/Community Mgr, Massive Damage
UI Designer, Massive Damage
Graphic Design/2D Animator, Massive Damage
Lead Game Artist, Freelance
Game Developer, Freelance
Composer/Sound Engineer, Freelance
Game Artist, Freelance