Massive Damage, Inc.
Based in Toronto, Canada
10 August, 2017
PC/Mac on Steam
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition brings together the original Halcyon 6 base game along with all of the additional content (Combat and Customization, Diplomatic Diversions, Loot’em Up, and Morale Booster updates) released since launch in Sept 2016 as well as brand new Lightspeed Edition optimizations and features.
In the spring of 2015, Massive Damage ran very successful Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming game, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander. After raising $187K on a modest $40K funding goal, they set to building their passion project. A year later, they unleashed Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander on STEAM under the Early Access program. The full launch in Sept 6, 2017 was a great success with a daily average of 270K views of Youtube videos containing Halcyon 6. Not to rest on their laurels, they set about making a greatly improved version of Halcyon 6 called Lightspeed Edition. Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition launches on August 10th, 2017.
- Lightspeed Edition [LE] Streamlined Campaign: Greatly speeds up progression and tightens the campaign to an action and adventure packed 12 hrs depending on your play style and pace
- [LE] Streamlined All Systems: For faster progression, including economy, starbase, resources, and officer levelling.
- [LE] New Officer Progression System: With 6 subclasses, 3 Prestige classes, new skill tree, and over 20+ new Prestige/Epic powers.
- [LE] New Ship Loadout and Config Screen: Will let you customize loadouts (and save them) for your ships just before entering combat
- [LE] New Difficulty Mode: Called Vice Admiral and slightly increased difficulty across the board
- [LE] Enhanced Combat: Includes 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, more combos for both players and enemies, increased faction weaknesses and resistances, and other balancing tweaks
- [LE] New UI Overhaul: Designed for greater readability and usability. Many many UI quality of life enhancements to all areas of the game, too many to list here. Halcyon 6
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory.
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles using a huge array of powers and combos to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources.
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events.
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
- Replayability: Each playthrough has players dealing with a new randomly generated derelict station, surrounding galaxy, crew recruits, and alien factions
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection at IndieArena at Gamescom 2017" Cologne, 2017
- "Halcyon 6 was the WINNER of BEST GAME at The DIGI Awards 2016" Toronto, 2016
- "Halcyon 6 was FINALIST for BEST PC GAME at Canadian Videogame Awards 2016" Montreal, 2016
- "Halcyon 6 was an official selection at IndieMEGABOOTH - PAX East" Boston, 2016
- "Halcyon 6 was an official selection at IndieMEGABOOTH - PAX West" Seattle, 2016
- "“Space has never looked prettier in a pixelated format, nor has the silliness of attempting to interact with alien races been quite as charming. On a minute-to-minute scale, it balances challenge and humor to make for a game that feels like a well-realized version of some long forgotten sci-fi TV show.”"
- Ray Porreca, Destructoid
- "“Halcyon 6 is a sumptuous video game stew. It’s got hints of XCOM, FTL, 4X space games, and JRPGs, plus gobs of humor and personality. I’ve taken to calling it 4XCOM for short. This feels like the sort of game that will keep me hooked for weeks.”"
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- "“Strategy, resource management, and RPG combat in one charming nostalgic package”"
- TJ Denzer, Game Watcher
- "Halcyon 6 is something special"
- Editor, IndieRetroNews
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Press and Steam Key Requests
EvolvePR is handling all press requests on their Terminals site terminals.io.
Halcyon 6 Soundtrack Samples
From our composer, Steven London soundcloud.com.
About Massive Damage, Inc.
Massive Damage is a Toronto based independent games studio started by the brothers Ken and Garry Seto.
More information on Massive Damage, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition Credits
CEO/Creative Director/Game Designer, Massive Damage
CPO/Game Producer/Game Designer, Massive Damage
Director, Operations/UI Designer, Massive Damage
CCO/Game Producer/Game Designer/Lead Writer, Massive Damage
CTO/Lead Game Developer, Massive Damage
Content Producer/Animator/QA Lead, Massive Damage
Lead Game Artist, Massive Damage
Community Manager, Massive Damage
Game Developer, Massive Damage
Composer, Mount Carmel Music